STANFORD MBA ESSAY QUESTIONS
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?
For this essay, Stanford would like you to:
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
Essay B: Why Stanford?
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
- If you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs, use Essay B to address your interest in both programs.
*Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,150 words (1,200 words if you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs). Each of you has your own story to tell, so please allocate these words between the essays in the way that is most effective for you.
*We recommend up to 750 words for Essay A and up to 400 words for Essay B. We often find effective essays written in far fewer words.
|Round 1||September 12, 2019||December 12, 2020|
|Round 2||January 9, 2020||April 2, 2020|
|Round 3||April 8, 2020||May 21, 2020|